EFRALIA originates from the need to combine the efforts and potential of various companies so as to create synergies and provide the industry with a comprehensive service.
REFRALIA’s activity focuses on heavy and civil industry, with a particularly strong presence in the sectors of cement, petrochemistry and incineration, in which it provides full maintenance (refractories, fireproofing works, metallurgical and mechanical maintenance, including the respective services). Within the indicated area, the specific products and services provided by REFRALIA are the following:
- MANUFACTURING AND MARKETING OF REFRACTORY AND INSULATING MATERIALS. REFRALIA develops and manufactures refractory concretes or monolithic products and has a plant for the production of insulating, fireproof and antacid refractory concretes, which is entirely automatized and equipped with the latest dosing technologies and has an estimated annual production of 24,000 tonnes per year.
- ENGINEERING AND INSTALLATION OF REFRACTORIES AND ANTACIDS.
- METAL PROCESSING AND BOILERMAKING (STEEL AND STAINLESS STEEL).
- CIVIL WORK IN THE INDUSTRIAL SECTOR (REHABILITATION, REFORM AND CONSTRUCTION. PASSIVE FIRE PROTECTION).
Fco. Javier Pastrana
With a Degree in Chemistry (with a specialization in Industrial Chemistry) and a PhD in Chemical Engineering from the University of Oviedo, he is also a Senior Technician for work hazard prevention.
In 1990, he joined the Chemical Engineering Department of the University of Oviedo as a trainee under the National Training Plan for Research Workers. He carried out doctoral studies and took part in two research projects in the field of phycocolloids (agar and agarose). He worked as a visiting researcher in the United Kingdom (University College of Swansea) and France (INRA).
Since 1996, his professional life has been linked to the area of refractory products:
- PLIBRICO, S.A (now Calderys): Laboratory Manager and Coordinator of Management Systems.
- REFRACATRIA: Product Manager and Head of Management Systems.
- HORMIGONES REFRACTARIOS DE ESPAÑA, S.A (2008-2017): R+D+i director (refractory lining engineering activities).
- REFRALIA, S.A (since 2017): R+D+i director